Sunday, July 28, 2013

Little Black Bag.. worth the price?


A while back I stumbled upon the site Little Black Bag.  At first I was really into it! I remember thinking wow 2 or 3 items for $50 is such a good deal considering these items clearly total more than $50! After playing around with the site, I purchased my first bag choosing a pair of designer sunglasses as my first item.  Much to my surprise I ended up with two cheap looking jewelry pieces as my auto selected items 2 and 3 but I wasn't worried because through trading I expected to rid my bag of these items in favor of things that were much better.  Unfortunately, I ended up trading those two pieces for a scarf that I have yet to wear because the material feels cheap and itchy.  This experience really turned me off to the site.  I realize that $50 isn't a terrible amount of money, but for a college student who barely works part time, it feels like chopping off a limb.  For about a year I skipped my bags each month.  This month I saw a bag on the site that I really loved so I decided to give Little Black Bag another go.  This time around I was still a little disappointed with my auto selected item but much happier with my final "bag".  As my item of choice, I selected a yellow duffel style purse with stud detail on the bottom.  












I was slightly nervous about the quality of this item but upon receiving the bag I was pleasantly surprised.  Again, this time around I ended up with a scarf as my second item but this scarf is much nicer than the first I recieved.  In my opinion, the concept of Little Black Bag is fantastic! Seriously, kudos to the creators of this company.  The only problem that I have is the quality of the items as part of the auto select process.  I think that if you see an item on the site that you love, then $50 is definitely worth it.  However, if you were using this site as a monthly box I don't think it is worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment