Saturday, January 7, 2012

Glitter Polish- Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild


Now that the holidays are behind us and the decorations are coming down, the walls look bare and all of the holly jolly spirit that donned our everyday life is fading away.  Today I thought to myself 'If only there was a way to keep that spirit alive all year round'.  Unfortunately my idea to create a Christmas holiday once a month was a bust, so I decided on the next best thing, sparkle nail polish.  I've never been a huge sparkle fan to be honest but lately there has been a TON of hype around this trend so I figured I'd give it a try.  I decided on Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild by SEPHORA by OPI.  The polish itself is clear but it is filled win tons of purple sparkles.  I used different colors underneath it on each nail to give you guys an idea of the various ways to rock this twinkling trend. (On my thumb OPI's Funkey Dunkey, my pointer OPI's A Grape Fit!, my middle finger white, ring finger black, and pinky with nothing underneath) For each nail I did two coats of the base color and one coat of the sparkles.  The sparkle polish was a bit pricy at $9.50 but worth it for the smile it will bring to your face every time you look at your fingers and still cheaper than getting a professional manicure! I hope this brings a little spark back to your holiday spirit, shimmer on my friends! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment